What is an Orthopedic Emergency?
An orthopedic emergency is when an injury occurs either in your bone or in your soft tissue that requires immediate addressing and treatment to avoid further trauma or harm to your body. Orthopedic emergencies can result from a sudden acute injury or trauma or complications from an existing condition or surgery.
Examples of Orthopedic Emergencies:
Orthopedic emergencies from injury may include any of the following:
- Fractures requiring closing or alignment, surgery, splinting, or casting.
- Concussions (temporary unconsciousness or confusion caused by a blow on the head)
- Tendon ruptures
Orthopedic emergencies resulting from an existing condition or emergencies following surgery might include any of the following:
- Blood clots
- Swelling that blocks blood flow
- Re-injury of the damaged bone or tissue
When to Visit an Emergency Center?
It is important to note that severe acute trauma usually requires an immediate call to an ambulance or a visit to the emergency center. For example, you need to get to an emergency center or a hospital right away if you:
- If you experience a sudden loss of consciousness.
- If you have a compound fracture that causes a tear in the skin.
- If you have a closed fracture and cannot use your affected limb (for example, a broken arm or leg)
- If you are bleeding heavily from a deep cut.
- If you have met with an automobile accident.
- If you have a high fever combined with any musculoskeletal injury.
Our Emergency Team:
To deal with any medical emergencies, the whole medical team should be super responsive, and Vidyasagar Hospital has such an efficient team for handling emergency and trauma cases.
Our medical emergency team of medical and paramedical staff who have years of experience in dealing with trauma and emergency cases includes:
- Trauma surgeons
- General surgeons
- Spinal surgeons
- Plastic surgeons
- Anesthetists and nurses.
Our Comprehensive Orthopedic Trauma Capabilities Include:
- Minimally invasive surgery for fractures
- Treatment of nonunions and malunions
- Pelvis and acetabulum surgery
- Treatment for infected fractures and osteomyelitis
- Limb lengthening
- Bone and joint transplantation
- Minimally invasive bone grafting
- Complex soft tissue reconstruction
- Complex upper extremity reconstruction
What Equipment do we have for an Emergency?
The response to an Orthopedic emergency case starts with an ambulance service with all the necessary life-supporting equipment and experienced doctors. For this reason, we use the most advanced ambulances.
We provide highly advanced equipment, which is essential in handling emergency cases, including:
- X-ray machines
- ECG equipment
- Catheters (central venous)
- Suction apparatus
- Cardiac monitor
- Pulse oximeter
Due to this expertise and equipment, we can save the lives of hundreds of people who have joined our hospital in different emergency cases. Our excellent success rate in these surgeries has made us renowned in the entire city, and we are trusted by many people for this very reason.
Vidyasagar Hospital 24/7 emergency and trauma care are with you during every moment to protect you from any accidents or severe health conditions. Staff will be at the center 24/7 and have access to resources such as an operating room, resuscitation area, laboratory, and diagnostic testing equipment.
Why put your health at risk when you can pick up a phone and make an appointment with our highly experienced orthopedic specialist Dr. C. Vidyasagar Reddy. Contact us today to get effectively treated.